Cosmo to launch Cosmosutra Ann Summers range
Cosmopolitan magazine has teamed up with Ann Summers to launch a range of risqué products, including champagne-flavoured lickable lube.
Cosmosutra: Ann Summers teams up with Cosmopolitan
The range of products, called Cosmosutra, will be available at Ann Summers stores and via Cosmopolitan's online shop.
The products include Light My Fire (massage candle), Dare to Bare (an erotic game), Pop My Cork (champagne flavoured lickable lube) and Slip Slide Away (silicone massage lotion) – all of which are priced between £10 and £20.
The National Magazine Company has launched a number of brand extensions, such as bookazines, but this latest move is its most daring brand extension.
Magazine publishers have often utilised irreverent and sometimes risqué brand extensions to help prop up falling revenues from their core printed magazine brands.
Earlier this year, IPC lads’ magazine Loaded launched an energy drink that claimed to have aphrodisiac qualities.
Jacqueline Gold, chief executive of Ann Summers, said: "Our mission at Ann Summers is to fearlessly unleash sexual confidence and I am positive that this new range will absolutely allow women to do this."
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Fundraising Development Officer Comic Relief From £35,000pa, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Digital Creative Manager UCAS £comp + 25-days leave, flexible benefits and other fringe benefits, including Xmas closure , Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Digital Media Manager Save the Children £37,000 + Benefits, London (Greater)
- Consumer Activation Controller Mast-Jaegermeister UK Limited Salary depending on experience. Additional bonus, pension, BUPA, life assurance, 25 days' holiday., Camberley, Surrey
- PR Manager AF Selection £25,000 - £35,000 + Benefits, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £45k Judi Patton £40k-£45k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)