Draftfcb lands $700 million Nivea ad business
Beiersdorf, the German healthcare company that owns the Nivea brand, has appointed Draftfcb as the global lead agency on its estimated $700 million ad account.
Nivea: draftfcb lead agency
Draftfcb, which was previously the incumbent on the account in 51 markets, will now expand this remit to nearly 90 countries and take lead status. It pitched for the global account against TBWA and the Hamburg-based agency Zum Goldenen Hirschen.
The Interpublic-owned agency will work across Nivea’s key product categories globally and locally and will also lead all third party agencies to ensure a consistent brand message across markets.
The review was led Beiersdorf’s executive board member for brands and supply chain, Markus Pinger, who is also responsible for the company’s marketing and procurement. The pitch was divided into three phases that included strategic, creative ideas and operational implementation.
This week, a Beiersdorf UK ad that claimed one its Nivea Visage Anti-Wrinkle products made a large percentage of women feel younger was banned by advertising watchdog the ASA.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Engagement Planning (UK) BespokeHR £80,000 - £85,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Marketing and Communications Alexandra Palace Trading £40,000 + bonus + benefits, London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager Ice (London) Ltd Competitive Salary dependent on experience, Windsor, Berkshire
- Interim Head of Brand The Rank Group To attract the right person!, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- Category Marketing Manager - OTC Healthcare Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £55K-£65K + Car Allowance + Significant Bonus, Berkshire/West of London
- Global Insight Manager, Digital Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London (Greater)