Draftfcb lands $700 million Nivea ad business
Beiersdorf, the German healthcare company that owns the Nivea brand, has appointed Draftfcb as the global lead agency on its estimated $700 million ad account.
Nivea: draftfcb lead agency
Draftfcb, which was previously the incumbent on the account in 51 markets, will now expand this remit to nearly 90 countries and take lead status. It pitched for the global account against TBWA and the Hamburg-based agency Zum Goldenen Hirschen.
The Interpublic-owned agency will work across Nivea’s key product categories globally and locally and will also lead all third party agencies to ensure a consistent brand message across markets.
The review was led Beiersdorf’s executive board member for brands and supply chain, Markus Pinger, who is also responsible for the company’s marketing and procurement. The pitch was divided into three phases that included strategic, creative ideas and operational implementation.
This week, a Beiersdorf UK ad that claimed one its Nivea Visage Anti-Wrinkle products made a large percentage of women feel younger was banned by advertising watchdog the ASA.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Commercial Manager Business Centric Services Group Up to £45,000 per annum + benefits, Old Street
- Head of Marketing Operations - Fixed Term Contract 12 months NEST Corporation Competitve, London
- Senior Account Manager / First Time Account Director Content is King £35k - £45k per annum dependent on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Acquisition & Retention NEST Corporation Competitive, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Group Account Director - Experiential Agency The Great & The Good £70,000 - £75,000 per annum, London
- Category Manager - Herbs, Spices & Ready Mixes McCormick Ltd £ Competitive + Benefits , Haddenham, Aylesbury