ITV to charge £250,000 for X Factor final ads
ITV could rake in more than £25m in ad revenue from the final weekend of 'The X Factor', with media agencies claiming that 30-second spots are being priced at up to £250,000.
Wagner: X Factor contestant
Although ITV has not yet confirmed how the show will be scheduled, it is expected that it will run two two-hour long shows, on 11 and 12 December, to decide the winner of this year’s contest.
With viewing figures up on last year agencies are expecting the final to at least perform in line with last year – 12.8 million on Saturday 12 and 15.6 million on Sunday 13 December.
ITV is quoting a 50% premium on its usual station price with further charges for those advertisers wanting to buy either the first or last position in a break.
While 'The X Factor' is being sold as a "special", prices will vary with some advertisers paying less depending on their agency’s deal with ITV.
Advertisers understood to be in talks with ITV about appearing include Microsoft, BSkyB, Pizza Hut and Hallmark.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Project Manager AF Selection £25,000 - £28,000, Manchester
- Managing Partner / Client Services Director David Thatcher Recruitment £80-95k, Bristol