ITV to charge £250,000 for X Factor final ads
ITV could rake in more than £25m in ad revenue from the final weekend of 'The X Factor', with media agencies claiming that 30-second spots are being priced at up to £250,000.
Wagner: X Factor contestant
Although ITV has not yet confirmed how the show will be scheduled, it is expected that it will run two two-hour long shows, on 11 and 12 December, to decide the winner of this year’s contest.
With viewing figures up on last year agencies are expecting the final to at least perform in line with last year – 12.8 million on Saturday 12 and 15.6 million on Sunday 13 December.
ITV is quoting a 50% premium on its usual station price with further charges for those advertisers wanting to buy either the first or last position in a break.
While 'The X Factor' is being sold as a "special", prices will vary with some advertisers paying less depending on their agency’s deal with ITV.
Advertisers understood to be in talks with ITV about appearing include Microsoft, BSkyB, Pizza Hut and Hallmark.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Marketing Operations - Fixed Term Contract 12 months NEST Corporation Competitve, London
- Senior Account Manager / First Time Account Director Content is King £35k - £45k per annum dependent on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Acquisition & Retention NEST Corporation Competitive, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Group Account Director - Experiential Agency The Great & The Good £65000 - £70000 per annum, London
- Account Director The Great & The Good £45000 - £50000 per annum, West End
- Social Media Manager Ball & Hoolahan £48,000, London (Central), London (Greater)