Page 3 model spoofs Old Spice ad for The Sun
The Sun is celebrating 40 years of Page 3 with a unique take on Wieden & Kennedy's Old Spice ad 'The Man Your Man Could Smell Like'.
The video, created by Glue Isobar, features Page 3 favourite model Rosie in a parody of the ad, which features fast-talking, musclebound former American Football star Isiah Mustafa talking to camera.
Page 3 dates back to November 1970, during Edward Heath's tenure as prime minister, when model Stephanie Rahn became The Sun's first topless model.
Barnaby Dawe, marketing director for The Sun, said: "We were looking back over some of the iconic Page 3 images of the past and we came across an iconic black and white image of Felicity Devonshire – a Page 3 girl from 1973 – on a horse.
"The classic shot born an uncanny resemblance to the Old Spice advert. One thing led to another and before we knew it, we had cast Rosie and were in the studio filming our own version."
According to News International, the video has already garnered over one million views in just three days.
Despite attracting the ire of campaigners and politicians over the years, Page 3 girls have survived as a central element in the make-up of the country's biggest-selling tabloid newspaper.
As well as appearing in the paper every day, with their News in Briefs comment, they can also be seen representing the paper at major sporting events, starring in the annual Page 3 calendar, and also travelling to warzones to support British troops.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Account Planner Direct Recruitment Up to £50,000, Central London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...