Ford draws up branded entertainment strategy
Ford of Britain is revamping its marketing strategy in an effort to strengthen its appeal as a trusted car marque.
Ford Focus: car company draws up branded entertainment strategy
The manufacturer is looking to create several strands of content to accompany the global launch of its latest Focus model, as well as the 100th anniversary of Ford's debut in the UK.
Ford of Britain marketing director Mark Simpson is keen to replicate the impact of Foster's revival of comedy character Alan Partridge (Marketing, 18 August), but does not plan to follow the "nostalgia" route. Simpson is overseeing a pitch involving several prod-uction and entertainment companies.
Although Ford remains the biggest-selling car brand in the UK, rivals such as Volkswagen are more favourable among consumers.
Simpsonsaid: "Ford is not necessarily known as the car of choice. Although it is a rational and sensible purchase, we want it to be a car people want, not one they settle for."
The Focus 2011 model will be the subject of Ford's first global car launch. It will be backed by a major international campaign in March.
From May, Ford of Britain will mark its centenary with a campaign that starts with its sponsorship of the Uefa Champions League Final at Wembley.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...