DIARY: Whitewash by the blues has Labour seeing red
The Mirror's claim concerning last week's Tory Party political broadcast (that researcher Paul Morgan appeared as a common punter but, in fact, works for blue MPs Nicholas and Ann Winterton) was just the tip of the iceberg.
PR Week can exclusively reveal that Rowland Company board director Maria Miller appeared in the very same broadcast. Diary dismisses claims that she was passing herself off as a disgruntled Labour voter, opting for the safer view that, like Morgan, she was appearing as a member of the public with no axe to grind.
Strange, then, that Miller should have been a Conservative Party member since her 18th birthday. The Wimbledon mother-of-two rejects claims that she misled viewers with her cameo role, and plays down what may be a glorious future on the small screen.
’An old friend asked if I would appear and I agreed. There was no rehearsal and no script. I just spoke to the camera about what matters to real people,’ she said.
With the slogan ’Tony Blair is all mouth and no delivery’, one might have mistakenly assumed Miller had believed the Blair mouth and voted Labour.
Former Rowland colleague and Lambeth Labour councillor Kevin Craig is scathing: ’Maria can say what she likes but she and the Tories have been caught out this time.’
This article was first published on PR Week UK
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- PR Account Director fishtank 40k to 55k per year GBP, Surrey
- Digital Search & Acquisitions Officer Topshop Up to £30,000 per annum + benefits, London
- planner > SHOPPER EVANGELIST > brilliant role for those SUITS looking to move across into PLANNING collectivo £30-40k + bens, London
- Marketing Executive Warner Bros £ Competitive + benefits, Holborn, London
- Senior Digital Planner - Superb Integrated London Agency - FMCG Accounts - Up to £70K Fill Recruitment Ltd Up to £70K, London
- Designer/Illustrator/Children's Designer Premier Media plus excellent benefits, Central London
Big Questions Live - Social Media, User Generated Content and the Power of Customer Insight (Webcast) External website
Brand Republic’s first ever online TV show, Big Questions Live wil...
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
The PR industry’s lack of success at the Cannes Lions festival 201...
Confused by hashtags? Tweetchats? Tweet walls? You’re not alone.Wi...
It’s fair to say we are truly in the age of content marketing, the...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...