DIARY: Whitewash by the blues has Labour seeing red
The Mirror's claim concerning last week's Tory Party political broadcast (that researcher Paul Morgan appeared as a common punter but, in fact, works for blue MPs Nicholas and Ann Winterton) was just the tip of the iceberg.
PR Week can exclusively reveal that Rowland Company board director Maria Miller appeared in the very same broadcast. Diary dismisses claims that she was passing herself off as a disgruntled Labour voter, opting for the safer view that, like Morgan, she was appearing as a member of the public with no axe to grind.
Strange, then, that Miller should have been a Conservative Party member since her 18th birthday. The Wimbledon mother-of-two rejects claims that she misled viewers with her cameo role, and plays down what may be a glorious future on the small screen.
’An old friend asked if I would appear and I agreed. There was no rehearsal and no script. I just spoke to the camera about what matters to real people,’ she said.
With the slogan ’Tony Blair is all mouth and no delivery’, one might have mistakenly assumed Miller had believed the Blair mouth and voted Labour.
Former Rowland colleague and Lambeth Labour councillor Kevin Craig is scathing: ’Maria can say what she likes but she and the Tories have been caught out this time.’
This article was first published on PR Week UK
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- PPC Executive - Leading Digital Marketing Agency Ultimate Asset £23000 - £28000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Account Director - FMCG & Retail to £55k Network Career Consultants £48000 - £55000 per annum, City of London