Cossette creates new holding company structure
The Canadian owner of UK agencies MCBD, Elvis and Dare is grouping them under the new international offering EdC, which stands for Esprit de Corps.
Gregor Angus: president of EdC Europe
The restructure renames the Cosette Group as Vision7 International, which is a holding company along the lines of WPP and Omnicom.
EdC is conceived as a group of specialist agencies within Vision7, operating in the UK, the US and Canada. The other entity in the group is the major Canadian agency Cossette, which is to become an integrated offering.
Cossette UK will now be known as EdC Europe, and will operate under the leadership of president Gregor Angus and chairman Mark Collier.
Angus, a Canadian who was formerly the chief operating officer of Cossette UK, is moving to the UK permanently to work alongside Collier, the founding partner of Dare.
According to Angus, the Esprit de Corps name demonstrates "clear intent to have agencies operate together", if this is what clients want.
EdC will operate in North America under president Colin Schleining. It includes PainePR and social media agency RocketXL in the US and Optimum PR and Jungle Media in Canada.
The structure of Cossette, the Candian agency, has been simplified, clearing away sub-agency brands to create an integrated agency.
The changes have been led by Vision7 International CEO and chairman Claude Lessard are designed to allow the company to compete more aggressively at the international level.
It follows the privatisation of the Cossette group last year, in a $115m deal led by Lessard and a group of senior managers. The group owns 45% of the company with the remainder in the hands of private equity company Mill Road Capital.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...