Unilever gets the go-ahead from EU to buy Sara Lee brands
Unilever has been given approval from the European Union to buy the personal care and European laundry arm of Sara Lee Corporation, in a €1.2bn deal.
Radox: Sarah Lee brand acquired by Unilever
The acquisition will see the FMCG giant adding top brands Radox, Duschadas and Neutral to its home and personal care portfolio.
Other brands purchased in the deal are Biotex in the laundry category, Zwitsal and Fissan in baby care, and Prodent and Zendium in the oral care range.
The transaction was approved today after a detailed review by the European Commission, during which time the global company agreed to divest its Sanex brand in the European market.
There will be a separate organisation set up to operate Sanex, which will then be in a position to be sold in Q3 next year.
The Sara Lee brands being bought by Unilever generated annual sales in excess of €750m for the year ending June 2009.
Doug Baillie, president of Western Europe at Unilever, said: "We are pleased to have received the green light from the European Commission for this deal and we look forward to adding these important brands to our business.
"Home and personal care is a key growth category and we are acquiring a number of leading brands that fill gaps in our portfolio, improve the shape of our overall European portfolio, while offering significant potential for development in other geographies."
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...