William Hill reviews £8m ad account again
William Hill is reviewing its £8m advertising account for the third time in just over a year.
William Hill: appointed The Bank earlier this year
The bookmaker has approached agencies inviting them to pitch for the business just six months after appointing The Bank.
William Hill appointed The Bank in April after the bookmaker's group brand and marketing director, Kristoff Fahy, split with the previous incumbent, The Brooklyn Brothers, and called a review.
The Brooklyn Brothers had worked on the account for only three months. Before that, William Hill had used an in-house marketing team to create the majority of its ads.
It had also worked with the Manchester-based agency BJL on a project basis. William Hill's most recent major ad campaign was a football-themed ad launched ahead of the World Cup to draw in bets. The campaign, by The Bank and using the line "I will", featured football fans making promises to themselves.
Another TV spot for the brand using the "I will" strapline was released in September for the start of the group stages of the Champions League. The ad used the Sex Pistols song Pretty Vacant as a soundtrack.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...