William Hill reviews £8m ad account again
William Hill is reviewing its £8m advertising account for the third time in just over a year.
William Hill: appointed The Bank earlier this year
The bookmaker has approached agencies inviting them to pitch for the business just six months after appointing The Bank.
William Hill appointed The Bank in April after the bookmaker's group brand and marketing director, Kristoff Fahy, split with the previous incumbent, The Brooklyn Brothers, and called a review.
The Brooklyn Brothers had worked on the account for only three months. Before that, William Hill had used an in-house marketing team to create the majority of its ads.
It had also worked with the Manchester-based agency BJL on a project basis. William Hill's most recent major ad campaign was a football-themed ad launched ahead of the World Cup to draw in bets. The campaign, by The Bank and using the line "I will", featured football fans making promises to themselves.
Another TV spot for the brand using the "I will" strapline was released in September for the start of the group stages of the Champions League. The ad used the Sex Pistols song Pretty Vacant as a soundtrack.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- SENIOR ACCOUNT MANAGER - Integrated Shoreditch Agency - Financial Services - £30-38k Judi Patton £30k-38k, Shoreditch, London
- Head of Inbound (SEO and Content) dmpeople Between £60,000 and £80,000 plus bonus and benefits, London
- Regional Shopper & Market Insights Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 per annum, Asia
- International Trade Planning Manager Ball & Hoolahan £42,000 per annum, London