Brands line up for Apple's iAd launch
L'Oréal, Renault and Absolute Radio are among the brands which will advertise on Apple's iAd mobile platform when it launches in Europe over the next two months.
Apple iAd: Cambpells soup US iAd
It was previously thought the launch would be this month, but Apple has now said the first ads on the network will be served in the UK and France this December, with ads in Germany to follow in January.
Nespresso, Perrier, Citi, Evian, LG Display, AB InBev, Unilever, Turkish Airlines and Absolute Radio will also be serving ads on the European iAd network.
The iAds platform, which launched in the US on 1 July, delivers targeted, rich media ads to iPhone 4 and iPod Touch users. It allows users to stay within an app while engaging with an ad.
Apple claims that engagement times for the ads average more than 60 seconds per visit.
Apple sells, produces and hosts the advertisements, but lets developers keep 60% of the revenue generated by them.
Andy Miller, Apple’s vice-president of iAd, said the network will provide more opportunites for developers. "In just four months, we’ve doubled the number of advertisers on the network and thousands of developers now have a valuable new source of revenue," he said.
Unilever revealed it intends to use iAds in three countries in Western Europe by the end of the year at the AOP’s Digital Publishing Summit in October.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...