WPP reinforces Team offering with Taxi acquisition
WPP has bought North America and Amsterdam-based integrated agency Taxi through its Young & Rubicam network for an undisclosed sum.
Sir Martin Sorrell: WPP chief exec in expansion mode
WPP said the acquisition would reinforce its client capabilities for its Team full-service concept and its services for existing clients.
Taxi will become one of the Young & Rubicam Brands agencies. Paul Lavoie will retain his role as Taxi chairman and will report to Peter Stringham, chairman and CEO of Young & Rubicam Brands.
The deal comes amid a review by major WPP client Dell of its US business for consumer small, medium and public businesses and the end of Dell's three-year full-service contract.
Taxi employs around 350 people across offices in Toronto, New York, Calgary, Vancouver and Amsterdam. Its client list has a mainly Canadian focus, including Canadian Tire, Telus and WestJet.
It unaudited revenues for the 12 months ended 30 June 2010 were CAD$53.7m (£32.9m).
It was founded in Montreal in 1992 but is now headquartered in Toronto.
The deal is the third WPP has struck within a month, after a £5m investment in US-based Facebook ad management system Buddy Media and the acquisition of US data marketing business I-Behaviour.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Digital Creative Manager UCAS £comp + 25-days leave, flexible benefits and other fringe benefits, including Xmas closure , Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Senior Fundraising Development Officer Comic Relief From £35,000pa, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Operations Manager Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £55,000 + Bonus, North London
- Consumer Activation Controller Mast-Jaegermeister UK Limited Salary depending on experience. Additional bonus, pension, BUPA, life assurance, 25 days' holiday., Camberley, Surrey
- PR Manager AF Selection £25,000 - £35,000 + Benefits, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £45k Judi Patton £40k-£45k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)