Orange and T-Mobile to offer bundled iPad deals
Everything Everywhere, the owner of the T-Mobile and Orange mobile phone brands, aims to start offering bundled deals for the must-have gadget of 2010, the Apple iPad.
Apple iPad: to be bundled by Orange and T-Mobile
IPads normally cost between £420 and £700, but will be sold at a discounted rate with 24-month subscriptions to the Orange or T-Mobile networks in time for the Christmas sales.
While the iPad can host software such as Skype that allows users to talk via the internet, the device is not a mobile phone.
Nevertheless the iPad, which was recently crowned as the "must-have" gadget of 2010 by both the staff and readers of Stuff magazine, will be packaged in a similar way to the iPhone.
Orange confirmed this morning that "It will offer new purchase options for iPad users, including more affordable prices when purchased with a data service plan, for iPad with Wi-Fi + 3G models in the coming months."
John Lewis this week said its strong sales figures going into the Christmas period were based partly on consumer electronics such as the iPad and Amazon Kindle as presents.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...