Orange and T-Mobile to offer bundled iPad deals
Everything Everywhere, the owner of the T-Mobile and Orange mobile phone brands, aims to start offering bundled deals for the must-have gadget of 2010, the Apple iPad.
Apple iPad: to be bundled by Orange and T-Mobile
IPads normally cost between £420 and £700, but will be sold at a discounted rate with 24-month subscriptions to the Orange or T-Mobile networks in time for the Christmas sales.
While the iPad can host software such as Skype that allows users to talk via the internet, the device is not a mobile phone.
Nevertheless the iPad, which was recently crowned as the "must-have" gadget of 2010 by both the staff and readers of Stuff magazine, will be packaged in a similar way to the iPhone.
Orange confirmed this morning that "It will offer new purchase options for iPad users, including more affordable prices when purchased with a data service plan, for iPad with Wi-Fi + 3G models in the coming months."
John Lewis this week said its strong sales figures going into the Christmas period were based partly on consumer electronics such as the iPad and Amazon Kindle as presents.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Mobile Manager Ultimate Asset £35000 - £50000 per annum + excellent benefits, City of London
- International Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior Data Planner - Superb Agency - Soho - up to £50k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £50k + great benefits, Soho, London
- COPYWRITER - GLOBAL COMPANY - NORTHAMPTON, UK - £25-26K Salt £25000 - £26000 per annum, Northamptonshire
- Marketing Manager Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £40000 - £50000 per annum, Warwickshire
- Senior Digital Account Manager Ultimate Asset £35000 - £43000 per annum + bonus and benefits , London