Tyrrell's owner considers approach for Malvern brand
Malvern Water, the Coca-Cola GB-owned brand, could be saved by Tyrrell's crisps owner and entrepreneur William Chase.
Malvern Water: Tyrell's owner in talks over brand rescue
Coca-Cola announced last month that it had shut the manufacturing plant for Malvern Water in Worcestershire, and had sold the site, claiming that the product was no longer economically viable.
Chase, the entrepreneur and creator of the Tyrrell’s crisps brand and Chase potato vodka, has been in talks with accountants and business advisers BDO with a view to approaching Coca-Cola about buying the Malvern brand and manufacturing site.
Chase said: "Malvern is a great British brand with such an incredible provenance behind it. It just needs better marketing really."
The plant at Colwall has been owned by Coca-Cola for 23 years. When announcing its closure, the company said the site would be used for residential, not commercial use.
Coca-Cola declined to comment.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Account Manager fishtank 32k to 42k per year GBP, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 17k to 27k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Digital Brand Manager Nike Europe Competitive + attractive relocation package for foreign hires, Amsterdam
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...