MasterCard extends Brit Awards sponsorship
MasterCard and the Brit Awards, one of the country's flagship music award events, have extended their commercial relationship for a further three years.
Brit Awards: MasterCard to extend its sponsorship up until 2013
The financial services company will now sponsor the event up and to including 2013.
MasterCard has had a commercial relationship with the event – which has previously been hosted by celebrities including Peter Kay, James Corden and, famously, Mick Fleetwood and Sam Fox – for 15 years.
No financial details of the deal have been disclosed.
Next year will bring a number of changes to the Brits, including a move to the O2 Arena to stage the ceremony, and a newly titled award called MasterCard British Album of the Year.
The Brits, which is organised by The British Phonographic Industry (BPI), is lining up brand partnerships to help maximise its sponsorship of the awards, including one with iTunes.
It said it would reveal more details about these partnerships in due course.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- EMEA Category Controller McCormick Ltd £ Competitive + Benefits , Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire
- Senior MM - Acquistion Ball & Hoolahan £75,000 + bens, London
- Account Director Trace £40000 - £50000 Per Annum, London
- Content Manager Brand Recruitment £20000 - £25000 per annum + benefits, Milton Keynes