Sorrell bullish on WPP's 2011 performance
WPP chief executive Sir Martin Sorrell has indicated his group is experiencing stronger growth than the 3%-4% expected by its operating companies for 2011.
Martin Sorrell: WPP chief executive
Speaking at yesterday's Reuters Global Media Summit, Sorrell said growth is "coming through stronger", with October's performance up 8% on last year.
Sorrell said: "We're seeing pretty good strength across the board," and added WPP had grown 4.5% from the start of 2010 to the end of October.
WPP owns advertising agency networks Y&R, JWT and Ogilvy & Mather, as well as media agencies MediaCom, Mindshare, MEC and Maxus.
Sorrell's comments come a week after GroupM, WPP's pooled media buying operation, again raised its forecast for growth in UK adspend to 7.7% in 2010 and 3.6% in 2011.
Yesterday it emerged WPP is backing a new international PR consultancy chaired by former Labour minister Peter Mandelson, Global Counsel.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Marketing Operations - Fixed Term Contract 12 months NEST Corporation Competitve, London
- Senior Account Manager / First Time Account Director Content is King £35k - £45k per annum dependent on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Acquisition & Retention NEST Corporation Competitive, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Group Account Director - Experiential Agency The Great & The Good £65000 - £70000 per annum, London
- Account Director The Great & The Good £45000 - £50000 per annum, West End
- Social Media Manager Ball & Hoolahan £48,000, London (Central), London (Greater)