Sorrell bullish on WPP's 2011 performance
WPP chief executive Sir Martin Sorrell has indicated his group is experiencing stronger growth than the 3%-4% expected by its operating companies for 2011.
Martin Sorrell: WPP chief executive
Speaking at yesterday's Reuters Global Media Summit, Sorrell said growth is "coming through stronger", with October's performance up 8% on last year.
Sorrell said: "We're seeing pretty good strength across the board," and added WPP had grown 4.5% from the start of 2010 to the end of October.
WPP owns advertising agency networks Y&R, JWT and Ogilvy & Mather, as well as media agencies MediaCom, Mindshare, MEC and Maxus.
Sorrell's comments come a week after GroupM, WPP's pooled media buying operation, again raised its forecast for growth in UK adspend to 7.7% in 2010 and 3.6% in 2011.
Yesterday it emerged WPP is backing a new international PR consultancy chaired by former Labour minister Peter Mandelson, Global Counsel.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- BTL AGENCY ACCOUNT HANDLERS - integrated, shopper, sales promotion, retail, digital Judi Patton £22K-£55K, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- SENIOR ADVERTISING MANAGER (MATERNITY COVER) notonthehighstreet.com Competitive , Richmond
- Corporate Senior Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £25000 - £29000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- Corporate Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £20000 - £24000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Delivery Manager Cancer Research UK £35000 per annum + excellent benefits, London