Sorrell bullish on WPP's 2011 performance
WPP chief executive Sir Martin Sorrell has indicated his group is experiencing stronger growth than the 3%-4% expected by its operating companies for 2011.
Martin Sorrell: WPP chief executive
Speaking at yesterday's Reuters Global Media Summit, Sorrell said growth is "coming through stronger", with October's performance up 8% on last year.
Sorrell said: "We're seeing pretty good strength across the board," and added WPP had grown 4.5% from the start of 2010 to the end of October.
WPP owns advertising agency networks Y&R, JWT and Ogilvy & Mather, as well as media agencies MediaCom, Mindshare, MEC and Maxus.
Sorrell's comments come a week after GroupM, WPP's pooled media buying operation, again raised its forecast for growth in UK adspend to 7.7% in 2010 and 3.6% in 2011.
Yesterday it emerged WPP is backing a new international PR consultancy chaired by former Labour minister Peter Mandelson, Global Counsel.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Global Insight Manager Ball & Hoolahan £60,000 plus Car/ Car Allowance, London
- Creative Project Assistant become £20K-£24K, London