Sorrell bullish on WPP's 2011 performance
WPP chief executive Sir Martin Sorrell has indicated his group is experiencing stronger growth than the 3%-4% expected by its operating companies for 2011.
Martin Sorrell: WPP chief executive
Speaking at yesterday's Reuters Global Media Summit, Sorrell said growth is "coming through stronger", with October's performance up 8% on last year.
Sorrell said: "We're seeing pretty good strength across the board," and added WPP had grown 4.5% from the start of 2010 to the end of October.
WPP owns advertising agency networks Y&R, JWT and Ogilvy & Mather, as well as media agencies MediaCom, Mindshare, MEC and Maxus.
Sorrell's comments come a week after GroupM, WPP's pooled media buying operation, again raised its forecast for growth in UK adspend to 7.7% in 2010 and 3.6% in 2011.
Yesterday it emerged WPP is backing a new international PR consultancy chaired by former Labour minister Peter Mandelson, Global Counsel.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- SHOPPER MARKETING ACCOUNT HANDLERS - London agencies - £38k-55k (perm & freelance) Judi Patton £28-£55k- plus bonus and benefits, London
- head of new business > #1 DIGITAL & CONTENT AGENCY collectivo £60k-£80k plus agency bens, Central London
- Account Director Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 per annum, London
- Senior Account Manager - [Retail / Digital] - Superb agency! £35k - £39k Fill Recruitment Ltd £35k - £39k + bonus & benefits, Central London
- Marketing Manager - FMCG - London or Home counties Stonor £45,000 - £55,000 dependent on experience , London, Essex, Bucks or Oxon
- Creative Director The Marketing Practice Up to £120k dependant on experience , East Hendred, near to Didcot in Oxfordshire