H&K closes Detroit Strat@comm deal
DETROIT: Strat@comm and Hill & Knowlton last week formalized their long-awaited arrangement under which the DC-based automotive PR experts will, for all intents and purposes, assume control over H&K’s troubled Detroit outpost (PRWeek, May 1).
DETROIT: Strat@comm and Hill & Knowlton last week formalized their
long-awaited arrangement under which the DC-based automotive PR experts
will, for all intents and purposes, assume control over H&K’s troubled
Detroit outpost (PRWeek, May 1).
While Strat@comm officially becomes an H&K ’strategic partner,’ the firm
will take over many of H&K’s top local clients. Additionally, former
H&K/Detroit head Victor Pytko will serve as GM and senior counselor of
the new Strat@comm Detroit office.
’Details are being worked out,’ said Strat@comm principal Ron
’There are some clients for whom it appears we will be providing service
through the Detroit office.’
The Detroit operation will be led by Bruce MacDonald, a 31-year General
Motors veteran. Also joining the firm from H&K is AE Kelly Fulford.
DeFore said the Detroit outpost adds ’about dollars 1 million a year’ to
Strat@comm’s revenues, which reached dollars 3.8 million in 1999.
Eric Borsum, senior managing director at H&K/LA (where its automotive
practice is based), said Mazda and Goodyear will remain H&K clients.
The Detroit Marriott Renaissance Center account has been shifted to
H&K’s travel unit in New York.
Strat@comm’s Detroit office, billed by DeFore as an ’automotive dream
team,’ includes Chris Terry, formerly with Eisbrenner PR; Patrick
Fitzgerald, a former USA Today auto reporter; and Robert Harvey,
co-founder of Appnet Systems.
This article was first published on PR Week USA
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Insight Manager Jarlett de Grouchy £30000.00 - £40000.00 per annum + car allowance+ bonus, Berkshire
- Associate Director, Consumer Research Jarlett de Grouchy £38000.00 - £45000.00 per annum, Oxfordshire
- Senior Innovation Manager Ball & Hoolahan £58,000 per Car/ Car Allowance, South East
- Range and Merchandising Executive Ball & Hoolahan £33,000 per annum, London
- Global Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 per annum, London
- Global Brand Ambassador Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 per annum, London