STV expands hyperlocal network
STV, the channel three licensee in Scotland, has expanded its network of hyperlocal websites by 10 sites, as it looks to cover the country over the next 18 months.
STV Local: expands across Scotland
In September, STV launched six community sites offering news, events listings and business directories covering North Lanarkshire, with broadband provider Plusnet as the launch sponsor.
Today, the network of websites has expanded by 10 sites, covering the local authority areas of Aberdeen City, Aberdeenshire, Moray and South Lanarkshire. A spokesman for STV said it now covers 25% of the Scottish population.
Advertisers on the new sites include telecoms and pay-TV providers BSkyB and Virgin Media, airlines KLM and EasyJet, and the music and film retailer HMV.
Alistair Brown, head of digital at STV, said the positive response from the North Lanarkshire pilot showed "there is a real appetite for hyperlocal content and an opportunity to share information, news and events on a very local level".
The 10 new sites cover Aberdeen City, Buckie, Elgin, Forres, Lossiemouth, Stonehaven, Cambuslang, East Kilbride, Hamilton and Rutherglen. Other sites planned include Fraserburgh, Peterhead and Deeside.
Rob Woodward, chief executive of STV, added: "As Scotland’s digital media company, we strive to make our content available whenever and wherever our audience wants it and we continue to build our digital presence with the ongoing rollout of STV Local."
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 17k to 27k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Digital Brand Manager Nike Europe Competitive + attractive relocation package for foreign hires, Amsterdam
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Senior Account Manager [Shopper Marketing] - Excellent London Agency - c£36k + Fill Recruitment Ltd c£36k + and great benefits, West London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...