DMA appoints Scott Logie as chairman
The Direct Marketing Association (DMA) has named Occam's strategy director Scott Logie as its newly elected chairman, replacing David Metcalfe.
Scott Logie: replaces David Metcalf as DMA chairman
Metcalfe, who is Lloyds TSB head of wholesale banking, will step down from his role in January as his two-year tenure as chairman draws to a close.
Malcolm Green, a former board member and head of sales, compliance and ethics at Yell, will become deputy chairman.
With 20 years' experience in the marketing industry, including positions at the Bank of Scotland, CACI and BAE Systems, Logie has stressed the importance of representing the industry at both government and business level.
As chairman, he will aim to do this through lobbying and greater engagement with other trade and business associations. He will also take a leading role in driving new initiatives such as the recent trial of consumer personal data stores.
Logie said: "New technology means that customer engagement has been taken to a whole new level. As a result, direct marketing has never had such a wide-reaching role to play in business.
"It is therefore vital that the DMA continues to drive the commercial and trading environment of the industry, by preserving commercial freedoms and leading the industry on macro-level issues such as privacy, data security and the environment, through the development of its portfolio of products and tools."
Earlier this year, the DMA restructured its business following the departure of its chief Robert Keitch. Executive director Chris Combemale has taken on Keitch's responsibilities for membership and external affairs.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...