Unilever buys Radox and Brylcreem brands for €1.2bn
Unilever has completed a €1.2bn (£1bn) cash buy-out of Sara Lee's European personal care and laundry business, which features the Radox and Kiwi brands.
Unilever: has bought out Sara Lee European brands including Radox
Unilever's proposed buy-out had been referred to the European Commission for approval, and Unilever agreed to drop Sara Lee's Sanex brand in the EU, to ensure the takeover went ahead.
Doug Baillie, president for western Europe at Unilever, said: "Home and personal care is a key growth category and we are acquiring a number of leading brands that fill gaps in our portfolio, improve the shape of our overall European portfolio, while offering significant potential for development in other geographies."
Sara Lee's personal care brands include Radox, Kiwi shoe polish and Brylcreem, Dusch Das shower gel, Badedas, Neutral, laundry product Biotex, baby care products Zwitsal and Fissan, and Prodent and Zendium toothpastes.
Sanex will be operated by a separate organisation before it is sold.
The bath and bodycare business was itself bought from Unilever's major competitor SmithKline Beecham – now GSK – in 1993.
Unilever recently brought in Ogilvy and Mather to handle its corporate branding.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...