Unilever buys Radox and Brylcreem brands for €1.2bn
Unilever has completed a €1.2bn (£1bn) cash buy-out of Sara Lee's European personal care and laundry business, which features the Radox and Kiwi brands.
Unilever: has bought out Sara Lee European brands including Radox
Unilever's proposed buy-out had been referred to the European Commission for approval, and Unilever agreed to drop Sara Lee's Sanex brand in the EU, to ensure the takeover went ahead.
Doug Baillie, president for western Europe at Unilever, said: "Home and personal care is a key growth category and we are acquiring a number of leading brands that fill gaps in our portfolio, improve the shape of our overall European portfolio, while offering significant potential for development in other geographies."
Sara Lee's personal care brands include Radox, Kiwi shoe polish and Brylcreem, Dusch Das shower gel, Badedas, Neutral, laundry product Biotex, baby care products Zwitsal and Fissan, and Prodent and Zendium toothpastes.
Sanex will be operated by a separate organisation before it is sold.
The bath and bodycare business was itself bought from Unilever's major competitor SmithKline Beecham – now GSK – in 1993.
Unilever recently brought in Ogilvy and Mather to handle its corporate branding.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Digital & Social - Dublin / London The Great & The Good In the region of £60,000 - £65,000 per annum, Dublin
- Commercial Manager Business Centric Services Group Up to £45,000 per annum + benefits, Old Street
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Marketing Operations - Fixed Term Contract 12 months NEST Corporation Competitve, London
- Senior Account Manager / First Time Account Director Content is King £35k - £45k per annum dependent on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Acquisition & Retention NEST Corporation Competitive, London (Central), London (Greater)