IGN Entertainment relaunches AskMen
IGN Entertainment has unveiled a new look for the men's lifestyle website AskMen for the first time since its launch in 2008.
AskMen: revamps website
IGN Entertainment, part of Fox Interactive Media – News Corp's digital stable which also houses its ailing social network site MySpace – hopes the re-launched site, will "deliver more relevant, engaging and inspiring content to its growing audience of aspiring, young professionals.
AskMen, whose new tagline is "For the better man", said the site now reaches 825,000 unique users a month in the UK, according to ComScore figures.
The re-launch of AskMen is supported by a consumer sponsorship deal with battery brand Energizer.
Brokered by MEC, the month-long campaign promotes the battery brand to consumers, through a bespoke Guy's Xmas Guide microsite, powered by advertising takeovers across AskMen and IGN.
Luisa-Rose Klimcke, consumer sales manager at IGN Entertainment, said: "As AskMen continues to grow and cements its reputation as the UK's leading men's lifestyle site, we're increasingly working with recognised brands, promoting their products to our audience of aspiring, professional males who take pride in their pursuit of better living.
"Our partnership with Energizer has creative stand-out which inspires and engages AskMen's audience."
The AskMen site includes daily features on dating, entertainment, fashion, fitness and money, and is also home to the annual Great Male Survey, which on average surveys over 7,000 UK men to identify key areas of interest and their passions.
The AskMen 2010 study showed that 85% of UK men still believe in the institution of marriage, and rank "having a family" as the number one male status symbol.
Drew Lubega, UK editor of AskMen, said: "The men's lifestyle sector has taken a battering over the last few years, but our focus on compelling, relevant content has seen AskMen continue to grow."
|UK mens lifestyle web traffic (Oct 2010)
|UK mens lifestyle websites||Total Unique Visitors (000)|
|Worldwide men lifestyle traffic (Oct 2010)
|Worldwide mens lifestyle websites||Total Unique Visitors (000)|
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Mobile Manager Ultimate Asset £35000 - £50000 per annum + excellent benefits, City of London
- International Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior Data Planner - Superb Agency - Soho - up to £50k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £50k + great benefits, Soho, London
- Senior Designer Major Players £35000 - £45000 per annum, City of London
- Biddable Media Manager PPC - Cracking Client Accounts! Ultimate Asset £30000 - £37000 per annum + Amazing Benefits , London
- Senior Digital Designer Gemini Search £40000 - £50000 per annum, London