IGN Entertainment relaunches AskMen
IGN Entertainment has unveiled a new look for the men's lifestyle website AskMen for the first time since its launch in 2008.
AskMen: revamps website
IGN Entertainment, part of Fox Interactive Media – News Corp's digital stable which also houses its ailing social network site MySpace – hopes the re-launched site, will "deliver more relevant, engaging and inspiring content to its growing audience of aspiring, young professionals.
AskMen, whose new tagline is "For the better man", said the site now reaches 825,000 unique users a month in the UK, according to ComScore figures.
The re-launch of AskMen is supported by a consumer sponsorship deal with battery brand Energizer.
Brokered by MEC, the month-long campaign promotes the battery brand to consumers, through a bespoke Guy's Xmas Guide microsite, powered by advertising takeovers across AskMen and IGN.
Luisa-Rose Klimcke, consumer sales manager at IGN Entertainment, said: "As AskMen continues to grow and cements its reputation as the UK's leading men's lifestyle site, we're increasingly working with recognised brands, promoting their products to our audience of aspiring, professional males who take pride in their pursuit of better living.
"Our partnership with Energizer has creative stand-out which inspires and engages AskMen's audience."
The AskMen site includes daily features on dating, entertainment, fashion, fitness and money, and is also home to the annual Great Male Survey, which on average surveys over 7,000 UK men to identify key areas of interest and their passions.
The AskMen 2010 study showed that 85% of UK men still believe in the institution of marriage, and rank "having a family" as the number one male status symbol.
Drew Lubega, UK editor of AskMen, said: "The men's lifestyle sector has taken a battering over the last few years, but our focus on compelling, relevant content has seen AskMen continue to grow."
|UK mens lifestyle web traffic (Oct 2010)
|UK mens lifestyle websites||Total Unique Visitors (000)|
|Worldwide men lifestyle traffic (Oct 2010)
|Worldwide mens lifestyle websites||Total Unique Visitors (000)|
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...