Brands are failing to integrate email with social media
Brands are failing to use social media in combination with email marketing effectively, according to research from eCircle.
ECircle: brands need to effectively integrate email and social media networks
The digital marketing company’s report, conducted with Mediacom Science, analysed responses from more than 1,000 UK consumers to reveal how they interact with brands via social media and email.
It revealed that 73% of respondents could be reached through social networks and 95% check their emails once a day, yet very few brands were effectively integrating email with social networks.
Almost three-quarters of the respondents used email to receive notifications for social networks, and the majority still used email for private communication and online purchases.
The research also found that 32% of those active on social networks were fans or followers of a brand. The majority of them were motivated by functional reasons, such as gaining a discount, while 25% were motivated by the desire to demonstrate and share their attachment to the brand with contacts.
It found that very few people were using sharing features, suggesting that brands were also failing to effectively optimise email marketing tools.
Volker Wiewer, chief executive of eCircle, said: "When effectively integrated, social media and email can create a potent combination. However, our research suggests that brands are yet to truly utilise the power of these channels working together."
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...