Ministry of Defence appoints Home Office's Simon Wren for director of media and comms role
The Home Office's head of news is returning to the Ministry of Defence (MoD) to take the top comms role.
Simon Wren: top comms role at MoD
The MoD has poached Home Office head of news Simon Wren to take the role of media and comms director.
Wren will join the MoD in the New Year, replacing Nick Gurr, who leaves at the end of the year to take a policy-focused role.
Wren said: ‘I am delighted to be appointed director of media and communication at the MoD and will be joining another first rate government communications team early in the New Year.
‘Dealing with the ongoing operations in Afghanistan alongside the implementation of the Strategic Defence and Security Review will clearly be my top communication priorities.’
Wren was the MoD’s head of news for nine months between 2005 and 2006. After that, he moved to the Home Office, where he took the same role.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- AV Account Director (contract) PFJ £35000.00 - £43000.00 per annum, London
- Consumer Insight Manager Jarlett de Grouchy £32000 - £35000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits, London
- Digital Account Manager Dot-Gap £40k, Central London
- Head of Performance Dot-Gap £70k, Central London
- Ad Ops Executive Dot-Gap £22k, Central London
- Programmatic Account Director Dot-Gap £55k, Central London