Twitter valued at $3.7bn in latest fundraising
Twitter, the micro-blogging site, has raised a fresh $200m (£129m) in new finance, which values the company at $3.7bn (£2.4bn).
Twitter: valued at $3.7bn
The fresh funding comes as the micro-blogging site appoints two new directors to its board.
Twitter said the investment had come from the venture capital firm Kleiner Perkins Caulfield Byers and existing investors.
Twitter has now raised around $360m since its launch in 2007.
It has also appointed two new board members, Flipboard entrepreneur Mike McCue, and the boss of Google-owned digital ad technology company DoubleClick, David Rosenblatt.
The appointments follow a number of personnel changes at the company.
The latest departure was the company’s vice-president of product, Jason Goldman, who announced his resignation on stage at the Le Web conference in Paris.
Twitter, based in San Francisco, employs around 350 people.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...