Twitter valued at $3.7bn in latest fundraising
Twitter, the micro-blogging site, has raised a fresh $200m (£129m) in new finance, which values the company at $3.7bn (£2.4bn).
Twitter: valued at $3.7bn
The fresh funding comes as the micro-blogging site appoints two new directors to its board.
Twitter said the investment had come from the venture capital firm Kleiner Perkins Caulfield Byers and existing investors.
Twitter has now raised around $360m since its launch in 2007.
It has also appointed two new board members, Flipboard entrepreneur Mike McCue, and the boss of Google-owned digital ad technology company DoubleClick, David Rosenblatt.
The appointments follow a number of personnel changes at the company.
The latest departure was the company’s vice-president of product, Jason Goldman, who announced his resignation on stage at the Le Web conference in Paris.
Twitter, based in San Francisco, employs around 350 people.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- AV Account Director (contract) PFJ £35000.00 - £43000.00 per annum, London
- Consumer Insight Manager Jarlett de Grouchy £32000 - £35000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits, London
- Digital Account Manager Dot-Gap £40k, Central London
- Head of Performance Dot-Gap £70k, Central London
- Ad Ops Executive Dot-Gap £22k, Central London
- Programmatic Account Director Dot-Gap £55k, Central London