Arena Media launches social media unit
Havas-owned Arena Media has launched a new social media unit called 247 Social to provide a full service capability for clients across media, PR and creative build.
247 Social: social media unit from Arena Media
Dan Clays, managing director at Arena Media, said: "We have called it 247 Social because of the reference to the channel being always-on, but also to reinforce our belief that social requires dedicated expertise working closely with all media."
The division, which will work on activity for existing Arena Media clients such as Domino's, has won Hewlett Packard (HP) as its first new client.
247 Social will work alongside Omnicom's M2M and Publicis Groupe's ZenithOptimedia, both of which manage the other digital and media channels for HP.
Malcolm Devoy, previously head of digital innovation at Arena Quantum, will head up the division and will report to Clays.
Clays said: "We took the decision to launch the brand as there are many advertisers who are not getting agency support from their media agency across all elements of social – strategy, media buying, content build, distribution – which has effectively lead to the emergence of a number of boutique social agencies."
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
- Senior PPC Account Manager (In-house) Step Ahead Recruitment £30-£40K, Staines, Middlesex
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...