WPP expands in Singapore
WPP has completed its third acquisition in six weeks, buying Singapore-based digital agency Yolk through its advertising agency network Grey, for an undisclosed sum.
WPP's Martin Sorrell: group acquires Singapore-based agency Yolk
Established in 2001, Yolk operates in Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand and Australia, and specialises in digital and social media, viral marketing, and online advertising.
Yolk earned $1.3m in revenue to the end of 2009, and employs 40 people, with clients Canon, Ciba Vision, Microsoft and the Singapore Economic Development Board.
The acquisition continues WPP's expansion into rapidly expanding markets and digital media.
In the past two months WPP has bought two agencies in the US, including Marketing Direct, which will form the core of KBM Groups's healthcare division.
In October, WPP reported a 12.2% rise in third-quarter revenue to £2.2bn, driven by the group's specialist communications division.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Group Account Director and Business Director air recruitment Up to £75k dependent on experience, Central London
- Digital Planner Direct Recruitment £50,000 - £55,000, London
- Senior CRM Planner Direct Recruitment £80,000 - £95,000, Central London
- Brand Leader - FMCG to £60k Network Career Consultants £55000 - £60000 per annum, Switzerland