IG Markets launches ads speculating Chinese economic influence
Contract for differences (CFD) financial betting brand IG Markets has launched a print ad campaign, encouraging consumers to speculate on the influence of China on the global economy.
IG Markets: print ads speculate on Chinese economic influence
The print ads, by DDB UK, feature a pastiche of Hollywood movie ‘King Kong’, in which a giant panda is seen swinging from the Empire State Building, swiping at planes. The headline reads "How will China’s economic growth affect the financial markets?".
The campaign, which launched this week, will run in business and finance publications such as The Economist. It is the latest in a series of ads based around the tagline "Get Thinking", illustrating how real world events affect the financial markets in a way that can benefit investors.
Earlier this year, IG Index ran a national and regional print ad campaign speculating on the consequences of the UK's General Election result.
One execution said: "If you're thinking... 'which way will Cameron send sterling?' contact us."
It also explained how the spread-betting process works, adding "Financial spread betting provides a simple, tax-free way to profit from rising and falling prices".
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- European Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 per annum, South East
- Marketing & Research Manager - $1.8b Global Publisher Recruitment Revolution Excellent Salary + Bonus Potential + Full Corporate Benefits Package, Chichester
- CRM Manager - Iconic London Brand Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £40K-£60K + Benefits Package, Central London
- Senior Marketing & New Business Manager Dynamic New Alliances £32000.00 - £45000.00 per annum + Benefits, City of London
- Visual Merchandising Manager (Retail, Fashion, Creative, VM) Creative Recruitment £35000 - £40000 per annum + Negotiable, Hertfordshire