Land Rover plays with clay in new TV ad
Land Rover has launched its first global, animated TV campaign to promote its Freelander 2 model.
The "claynation" campaign created by RKCR/Y&R and Wunderman, broke on TV yesterday (3 January), following the car's launch in Italy.
The 30-second TV spot features the Freelander 2 as it drives across a chaotic, ever-changing plasticine terrain. Art direction was led by Dave Godfree and the ad was written by Mark Waldron. The executive creative director was Graham Lang.
Accompanied by press and online executions, the campaign will include a behind-the-scenes documentary on how the Brooklyn production company Hornet set about creating the animated world.
The behind-the-scenes footage also features an interview on YouTube with animated driver "Clay Mason" about his experiences of driving the Freelander 2.
Dorian Leroy, global communications manager, Land Rover, said: "We chose the animation theme for the campaign for its unique celebration of the overall versatility of the vehicle, while showcasing the optimistic and active lifestyles of Freelander owners.
"This film is a departure for Land Rover. The Freelander 2, Land Rover’s biggest-seller, is a supremely capable vehicle used the world over. We wanted to encapsulate this in a leading-edge global campaign."
Graham Lang, Land Rover's global integrated creative director, said: "Trying to stand out in the automotive market place is always a challenge, but to stand out and get the right messages across is even more difficult. 'Claymation' gave us a great way of doing both.
"I love the authenticity and charm of the medium and as a storytelling device, it gave us unlimited flexibility."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...