Vauxhall to be named England football team sponsor
The FA is expected to confirm next week that Vauxhall will be the new sponsor of the England football team, confirming earlier reports that the two parties were on the verge of reaching an agreement.
Nationwide: 2010 campaign with England manager Fabio Capello
Marketing previously reported that negotiations were at an advanced stage.
Alex Horne, FA general secretary and Peter Hope, Vauxhall marketing director, are expected to disclose details of the sponsorship next week. The deal could be worth as much as £5m a year.
Vauxhall will replace Nationwide, which ended its 11-year sponsorship of the England team earlier this year. The car marque has also ended its sponsorship deals with Wales, Northern Ireland, and Scotland.
It is unclear if the deal with Vauxhall will expand to the other home nations.
The deal with Vauxhall could conflict with the FA's existing arrangement with Fiat, the official car supplier to the England team.
In December last year, the FA announced that David Bernstein, the former chairman of Manchester City, would become its new chairman.
The FA had been without a full-time chairman since David Triesman left in May 2010 after making controversial remarks about rival bidders for the 2018 World Cup.
The FA declined to comment and Vauxhall was unavailable for comment.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Director of Marketing Greenwich School of Management Circa £80,000 per annum package + bonus , Greenwich and Greenford, London
- Marketing Manager Guava International Limited Up to £55,000 per annum + benefits (pension, income protection plan, life scheme, free parking etc.), South East England-Guildford
- Head of Brand Marketing, Youth Travel (7 mth FTC) Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £60000 - £70000 per annum, South East London
- Brand Strategy Manager Jarlett de Grouchy £40000 - £45000 per annum + car + bonus + benefits, Kingston upon Thames
- Account Manager Twist Recruitment £30000.00 - £35000.00 per annum, London