Vauxhall to be named England football team sponsor
The FA is expected to confirm next week that Vauxhall will be the new sponsor of the England football team, confirming earlier reports that the two parties were on the verge of reaching an agreement.
Nationwide: 2010 campaign with England manager Fabio Capello
Marketing previously reported that negotiations were at an advanced stage.
Alex Horne, FA general secretary and Peter Hope, Vauxhall marketing director, are expected to disclose details of the sponsorship next week. The deal could be worth as much as £5m a year.
Vauxhall will replace Nationwide, which ended its 11-year sponsorship of the England team earlier this year. The car marque has also ended its sponsorship deals with Wales, Northern Ireland, and Scotland.
It is unclear if the deal with Vauxhall will expand to the other home nations.
The deal with Vauxhall could conflict with the FA's existing arrangement with Fiat, the official car supplier to the England team.
In December last year, the FA announced that David Bernstein, the former chairman of Manchester City, would become its new chairman.
The FA had been without a full-time chairman since David Triesman left in May 2010 after making controversial remarks about rival bidders for the 2018 World Cup.
The FA declined to comment and Vauxhall was unavailable for comment.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...