Campbell's soup returns after two-year break
Campbell's soup has licensed its brand to dried food specialist Symington's and will return to UK supermarket shelves.
Campbell's soup: the iconic brand returns to the UK
Campbell's soup was last seen in UK stores back in early 2008 before Premier Foods, its licensee at the time, opted not to renew its contract.
The revival of the brand will see it relaunched in the dried food category with 25 new products.
The range will be sold in packets and boxes and will not feature the iconic soup tins made famous by Andy Warhol.
New products include 12 cup-soups, four savoury lines and four savoury pasta & sauce packets.
It is thought that the range will be priced in line with Batchelors. It is not clear if Symington's has achieved listings in all the big supermarkets.
Marketing support for the range will include an above-the-line campaign and sampling.
Symington's was unavailable for comment.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Strategic Alliances Manger, major RTB platform Ultimate Asset £35000 - £40000 per annum + +comm, London
- Mobile Strategic Sales Manager Ultimate Asset £35000 - £50000 per annum + +comm, London
- Account Executive Adam Recruitment £18000 - £23000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits, Liverpool
- Senior Account Manager Brand Recruitment £30000 per annum + car allowance, Romford