Lebedev's debut TV ad for i to feature Jemima Khan and Dom Joly
Alexander Lebedev's 20p daily newspaper i is launching its debut TV advertising campaign later this month featuring celebrities and past contributors Jemima Khan and Dom Joly.
The i newspaper: readies New Year ad campaign
The two month campaign, primarily running across TV and radio, is geared towards heightening awareness of the newspaper following its high-profile launch in October last year.
The first TV ad will air on 16 January, created by McCann London, and will feature Joly and Khan, among others, extolling the virtues of i. In the past, Joly and Khan have both written for The Independent, the sister newspaper of i.
The outdoor launch campaign that supported i's 2010 roll out was undertaken by Beattie McGuinness Bungy (BMB).
As part of the new campaign, i took over sponsorship of the Heart radio breakfast show on January 4. It will run until the end of the month.
The marketing campaign has been spearheaded by the paper's managing director Andy Mullins. The media has been bought through Walker Media.
Last week, it was revealed that i's debut audited circulation figure had been delayed and is not likely to be published until February.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 17k to 27k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Digital Brand Manager Nike Europe Competitive + attractive relocation package for foreign hires, Amsterdam
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Senior Account Manager [Shopper Marketing] - Excellent London Agency - c£36k + Fill Recruitment Ltd c£36k + and great benefits, West London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...