FHM in exclusive deal with Timex
Bauer Media's FHM has secured a six-figure deal with Timex to tie in with the watch manufacturer's long-term sponsorship of the London Marathon.
FHM Bionic: powered by Timex
The four-month campaign started in FHM’s bi-annual, spin-off health and fitness magazine, Bionic, in the current issue of FHM, and will continue over the next four months.
Bionic is integrated into the magazine as a flip-reversed section, so readers can turn the magazine upside down and over and read 40 pages of health and fitness focussed content.
Bionic will be dominated by Timex advertising with the strapline ‘Powered by Timex’ appearing on its cover.
FHM’s fashion ad director Guy Dowsett and junior staff writer Tom Howard will run the London Marathon.
Bionic will feature a promotional editorial spread on the training plan designed for the staffers as devised by sports scientists, coaches and nutritionists selected by Timex.
Further training advice from Timex and progress updates on the two FHM staffers will run in the following three issues of FHM in the Upgrade section.
The campaign will continue through to the May issue, with the following three issues including further training advice from Timex and progress updates on the two FHM staffers, appearing in the Upgrade section.
The deal was brokered by Guy Dowsett and Elroy Toney at Downforwhatever PR on behalf of Timex.
Geoff Campbell, MD of FHM, said: "Since Bionic was successfully reintroduced back into the FHM portfolio over two years ago, it has become increasingly popular amongst FHM's broad base of active young men and this Timex campaign will target and connect the FHM audience with unique and useful content in a trusted environment during the build up to London Marathon and beyond."
Dan Calvert, marketing manager at Timex Group UK, said: "Timex see this as a great opportunity to amplify our voice as the world’s leading sports watch brand, to a broader consumer profile."
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Account Manager Ice (London) Ltd Competitive Salary dependent on experience, Windsor, Berkshire
- Data Journalist PRISM Highly Competitive, London
- Shopper Insights Manager PepsiCo negotiable, Theale
- CMI Director Ball & Hoolahan £95,000 + Car/Car Allowance , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Manager AF Selection £28,000 plus company car, East Midlands Region / Leicestershire / Nottinghamshire / Derby, Derbyshire / Leicester, Leiceste...
- Analytics Manager | 3 months Contract Salt £350 - £450 per day, City of London