Tesco Mobile chief Batchelor quits
Lance Batchelor, the chief executive of Tesco Mobile, has left the company and will be replaced by Graham Harris.
Tesco Mobile: 'triple your credit' campaign by The Red Brick Road
Batchelor has two other roles outside Tesco Mobile. He is trustee of the National Gallery and non-executive director at Domino's Pizza.
A Tesco spokesman would confirm only that Batchelor would leave to take-up a "brilliant opportunity," but no further details are available.
Batchelor began a career in marketing following five years in the Royal Navy. He worked at Procter & Gamble while taking an MBA at Harvard Business School.
He worked briefly at Amazon before moving to Vodafone where he rose to the post of CMO.
He then moved to Tesco, where he was first marketing director, then on to Clubcard operator Dunnhumby before rising to chief executive of Tesco Mobile.
Batchelor will leave at the end of the financial year. Last year Tesco Mobile reported a 14% jump in customer numbers and now has more than two million users.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Commercial Head of Branded Content-Established Digital Business Ultimate Asset £65000 - £76000 per annum + bonus and huge benefits , London
- PPC Senior Executive - Big Brand - PPC Ultimate Asset £23000 - £28000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Graphic Designer:(Fashion,Retail,Conceptual,Print, Digital) Creative Recruitment £23000 - £30000 per annum, London
- Paid Media Account Manager - Paid Search PPC - Agency Leader Ultimate Asset £28000 - £38000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- PR Senior Account Manager Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £26000 - £33000 per annum, Manchester
- Biddable Paid Social Manager - Paid Media - FMCG Client Ultimate Asset £30000 - £40000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London