Tesco Mobile chief Batchelor quits
Lance Batchelor, the chief executive of Tesco Mobile, has left the company and will be replaced by Graham Harris.
Tesco Mobile: 'triple your credit' campaign by The Red Brick Road
Batchelor has two other roles outside Tesco Mobile. He is trustee of the National Gallery and non-executive director at Domino's Pizza.
A Tesco spokesman would confirm only that Batchelor would leave to take-up a "brilliant opportunity," but no further details are available.
Batchelor began a career in marketing following five years in the Royal Navy. He worked at Procter & Gamble while taking an MBA at Harvard Business School.
He worked briefly at Amazon before moving to Vodafone where he rose to the post of CMO.
He then moved to Tesco, where he was first marketing director, then on to Clubcard operator Dunnhumby before rising to chief executive of Tesco Mobile.
Batchelor will leave at the end of the financial year. Last year Tesco Mobile reported a 14% jump in customer numbers and now has more than two million users.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Account Director AF Selection £35,000 - £38,000 plus car, Birmingham
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Global Insight Director Ball & Hoolahan £75,000 + CA + benefits, London