Channel 5 to launch OK! TV
Richard Desmond's Channel 5 is to launch OK! TV in an attempt to replicate the success of his weekly magazine brand on the nation's TV screens.
Richard Desmond: plans to launch OK! TV
Channel 5 is expected to announce the identities of the presenters of the new weekly TV show within the next two weeks.
The show will start next month and will replace 'Live from Studio Five', the early evening programme.
Desmond’s move to put the OK! brand on screen confirms speculation that he would do so, when he acquired Channel 5 last year.
It is understood that Desmond will support the new TV show with marketing across his stable of titles, including OK!, as well as the Daily Express and the Daily Star.
Desmond will be hoping to strike cross-media commercial deals with celebrities, so that those who feature in OK! magazine will also appear on the new TV show.
'Live from Studio Five', which is produced by Sky News, launched in September 2009. It has been beset by problems, including a critical panning and the departure of presenters Melinda Messenger and Ian Wright.
The current presenters are Jayne Middlemiss and Kate Walsh.
Channel 5 declined to comment.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Editorial Compliance Telegraph Media Group Competitive + excellent benefits, London
- board director > DIRECT RESPONSE EVANGELIST collectivo to £90k + bens, LONDON
- Director of Marketing Greenwich School of Management Circa £80,000 per annum package + bonus , Greenwich and Greenford, London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Brand Manager Amnesty International Secretariat £52,464, WC1X 0DW
- Head of Creative Services [Fill Exclusive] - Unique London Agency - £100k+ Fill Recruitment Ltd £100k+, Central London