Facebook to be central to Fairtrade Fortnight
Cadbury, Nestle, Starbucks, Tesco and Waitrose are among the brands taking part in this year's Fairtrade Fortnight, which will concentrate its main hub of activity on Facebook.
Faitrade Fortnight: focuses activity on Facebook
Fairtrade Fortnight runs between 28 February and 13 March and marks the Fairtrade Foundation’s annual effort to promote the help it provides to millions of people in developing countries.
Nestle, Cadbury, Starbucks, Marks & Spencer, Sainsbury’s, Tesco and Waitrose are among the brands undertaking in-store activities and events. The brands will disclose their individual activities in the coming weeks.
Central to the two week activity will be an interactive that asks people to upload a photo or video of themselves using their favourite Fairtrade product in an unusual way.
Challenges lined up include "showing off with your favourite celebrity", "the big bake-off" and "Fairtradeing your mum".
Each challenge will be supported by a Fairtrade licensee who will donate a prize trip.
The focus of this year’s campaign is cotton and the foundation is understood to be in talks with a number of top retailers about designing products for the two weeks.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Account Manager fishtank 32k to 42k per year GBP, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 17k to 27k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Digital Brand Manager Nike Europe Competitive + attractive relocation package for foreign hires, Amsterdam
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...