Facebook to be central to Fairtrade Fortnight
Cadbury, Nestle, Starbucks, Tesco and Waitrose are among the brands taking part in this year's Fairtrade Fortnight, which will concentrate its main hub of activity on Facebook.
Faitrade Fortnight: focuses activity on Facebook
Fairtrade Fortnight runs between 28 February and 13 March and marks the Fairtrade Foundation’s annual effort to promote the help it provides to millions of people in developing countries.
Nestle, Cadbury, Starbucks, Marks & Spencer, Sainsbury’s, Tesco and Waitrose are among the brands undertaking in-store activities and events. The brands will disclose their individual activities in the coming weeks.
Central to the two week activity will be an interactive that asks people to upload a photo or video of themselves using their favourite Fairtrade product in an unusual way.
Challenges lined up include "showing off with your favourite celebrity", "the big bake-off" and "Fairtradeing your mum".
Each challenge will be supported by a Fairtrade licensee who will donate a prize trip.
The focus of this year’s campaign is cotton and the foundation is understood to be in talks with a number of top retailers about designing products for the two weeks.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Mobile Manager Ultimate Asset £35000 - £50000 per annum + excellent benefits, City of London
- International Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior Data Planner - Superb Agency - Soho - up to £50k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £50k + great benefits, Soho, London
- Consumer Account Manager Ultimate Asset £30000 - £40000 per annum + OUTSTANDING commission, London
- Social Media Manager PFJ £42000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Social Media Executive Direct Recruitment £20,000 - £25,000, London