Asda claims sevenfold increase in price comparisons
Asda claims its latest round of advertising, which pledges to be 10% cheaper than its main rivals, has prompted a sevenfold increase in users of its price comparison site.
Asda: reports increase in price comparisons
The supermarket giant, which slipped to third place in market share behind Sainsbury's and Tesco in January, has intensified the price war against its competitors – particularly Morrisons and Tesco – this year.
Asda relaunched its Price Guarantee in January, pledging to refund not just the difference if its products were more expensive than rivals, but an additional 10%.
An Asda spokesman refused to disclose the number of people using the service either before or after the current ad, or the number of Price Guarantee vouchers redeemed in-store.
Asda launches the second of its Price Guarantee ads today, this time focusing on specific products it claims are cheaper.
Shot on location in Wakefield, the ad features Asda's finance colleague Heather Thomas discussing the benefits of the scheme with three friends.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Mobile Manager Ultimate Asset £35000 - £50000 per annum + excellent benefits, City of London
- International Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior Data Planner - Superb Agency - Soho - up to £50k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £50k + great benefits, Soho, London
- Senior Director - Pharmaceutical Mustard Jobs up to £60,000 doe, Central London
- New Business Director - Agency Brand Recruitment £60000 per annum + bonus, Milton Keynes
- Creative Consultant Network Career Consultants £60000 - £80000 per annum, London