Facebook signs Mazda as first advertiser in high-value Deals trial
Mazda has tied up with Facebook to find out whether location-based marketing can help sell high-value items.
Mazda: first big-ticket backer of Facebook Deals
The car manufacturer is one of the first tranche of brands to sign up to Facebook Deals, the social-networking site's mobile scheme that rewards users for 'checking in' at retail partners.
Starbucks, Yo! Sushi and Benetton are among other partners for the scheme, which launched in London on Monday, but Mazda is the only one experimenting with transactions of more than £1000.
It aims to use Facebook Deals to sell 100 of its MX-5 model before 7 March, in what is being viewed as a test case for the sale of high-value items.
Consumers can obtain a 20% discount by checking in at one of five participating UK dealers. Mazda intends to drive footfall by entering participating Facebook users into a competition to win the use of a Mazda MX-5 Miyako Special Edition for five months.
Claire Andrews, marketing director at Mazda UK, said: 'We want to have a time frame to assess the success and then decide whether to take it further.'
The trial coincides with the launch of the brand's 'Experience Mazda' Facebook page. Andrews said gaining fans on the page would be another key measure of the success of the Facebook partnership.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...