Volkswagen kicks-off ad review
Volkswagen is reviewing its European advertising arrangements in order to create a new roster of agencies pitching for projects alongside the brand's 42-year incumbent DDB.
VW: 'last tango in Compton' campaign
Two major UK agencies are pitching for a place on the VW European roster as well as three other agencies based in Italy, Germany and Spain.
The roster agencies will compete, alongside DDB, for projects running internationally. The review is being led out of Germany and co-ordinated by Agency Assessments.
Though VW already has a roster of agencies in some of its European markets, including Germany, it marks the first time that UK agencies have been allowed to compete for a place on a roster.
Stephen Woodford, the DDB UK chief executive, said: ""VW is looking to expand its agency roster to include agencies to potentially work on specific international projects, but this is not a threat to DDB’s global position."
The DDB/VW relationship stretches back to the Mad Men era in Manhattan when Doyle Dane Bernbach first won the business in 1959.
The network holds the VW account in many global markets, but lost the US account, now handled by Deutsch LA, in the early 1990s.
DDB UK’s most recent TV ad for Volkswagen, which was the Cannes Advertiser of the Year in 2009, was 'Last tango in Compton'.
It was released at the end of last year and directed by Jonathan Glazer.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- PR Account Director fishtank 40k to 55k per year GBP, Surrey
- Digital Search & Acquisitions Officer Topshop Up to £30,000 per annum + benefits, London
- planner > SHOPPER EVANGELIST > brilliant role for those SUITS looking to move across into PLANNING collectivo £30-40k + bens, London
- Marketing Executive Warner Bros £ Competitive + benefits, Holborn, London
- Senior Digital Planner - Superb Integrated London Agency - FMCG Accounts - Up to £70K Fill Recruitment Ltd Up to £70K, London
- Senior Account Manager Dynamic New Alliances £36000.00 - £43000.00 per annum, City of London
Big Questions Live - Social Media, User Generated Content and the Power of Customer Insight (Webcast) External website
Brand Republic’s first ever online TV show, Big Questions Live wil...
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
The PR industry’s lack of success at the Cannes Lions festival 201...
Confused by hashtags? Tweetchats? Tweet walls? You’re not alone.Wi...
It’s fair to say we are truly in the age of content marketing, the...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...