Bob Marley's daughter to design Jamaican Olympic team clothing
Puma has engaged Bob Marley's fashion-designer daughter Cedella Marley to design the Jamaican track and field team's kit for the London 2012 Olympic Games.
The reggae icon’s daughter will design the entire team’s Olympic, podium and ceremony wear, including that of the fastest man in the world, Usain Bolt.
Bolt is the standout performer in the Jamaican team and a global audience will be watching in London 2012 to see if he breaks the world 100m record.
Cedella Marley’s designs have taken inspiration from the "vibrant colours and patterns" of Jamaica, as well as from the country’s African roots.
A track runner in high school, she began designing clothes while she was on tour with Ziggy Marley and the Melody Makers, a band made up of her brothers and sisters.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Editorial Compliance Telegraph Media Group Competitive + excellent benefits, London
- board director > DIRECT RESPONSE EVANGELIST collectivo to £90k + bens, LONDON
- Director of Marketing Greenwich School of Management Circa £80,000 per annum package + bonus , Greenwich and Greenford, London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Brand Manager Amnesty International Secretariat £52,464, WC1X 0DW
- Head of Creative Services [Fill Exclusive] - Unique London Agency - £100k+ Fill Recruitment Ltd £100k+, Central London