Bob Marley's daughter to design Jamaican Olympic team clothing
Puma has engaged Bob Marley's fashion-designer daughter Cedella Marley to design the Jamaican track and field team's kit for the London 2012 Olympic Games.
The reggae icon’s daughter will design the entire team’s Olympic, podium and ceremony wear, including that of the fastest man in the world, Usain Bolt.
Bolt is the standout performer in the Jamaican team and a global audience will be watching in London 2012 to see if he breaks the world 100m record.
Cedella Marley’s designs have taken inspiration from the "vibrant colours and patterns" of Jamaica, as well as from the country’s African roots.
A track runner in high school, she began designing clothes while she was on tour with Ziggy Marley and the Melody Makers, a band made up of her brothers and sisters.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- PR Account Director fishtank 40k to 55k per year GBP, Surrey
- Digital Search & Acquisitions Officer Topshop Up to £30,000 per annum + benefits, London
- planner > SHOPPER EVANGELIST > brilliant role for those SUITS looking to move across into PLANNING collectivo £30-40k + bens, London
- Marketing Executive Warner Bros £ Competitive + benefits, Holborn, London
- Senior Digital Planner - Superb Integrated London Agency - FMCG Accounts - Up to £70K Fill Recruitment Ltd Up to £70K, London
- Designer/Illustrator/Children's Designer Premier Media plus excellent benefits, Central London
Big Questions Live - Social Media, User Generated Content and the Power of Customer Insight (Webcast) External website
Brand Republic’s first ever online TV show, Big Questions Live wil...
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
The PR industry’s lack of success at the Cannes Lions festival 201...
Confused by hashtags? Tweetchats? Tweet walls? You’re not alone.Wi...
It’s fair to say we are truly in the age of content marketing, the...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...