Google to launch paid-for analytics package
Google is preparing to roll out a paid-for enterprise-level analytics tool this year to compete with the likes of Adobe's Omniture and IBM's CoreMetrics, according to sources.
Google: launches paid-for analytics package
Currently, Google offers a free analytics tool with basic features for advertisers looking to create better targeted ads and improve website conversion.
It also has a basic paid-for analytics package called Urchin but the new offering will compete at the higher end of the market and will be cloud-based.
Big brands invest heavily in analytics data to help them understand the consumer journey and which channels drive value or influence the sales process.
It is believed that Omniture and CoreMetrics' enterprise-level tools can command up to £10,000 a month, before additional consultancy and support needed for running them.
Google has been discussing the launch of the tool over the past six months and it is believed to roll out this year, according to sources.
It is not known whether it will use the Google Analytics or Urchin name.
A Google spokesman said: "We are always looking at ways to improve our Analytics offering but have nothing new to announce at this stage."
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager - Inbound Tourism - Dubai Based MCG Associates Tax Free Competitive Package, Dubai, UAE
- Senior Account Manager - Saudi Arabia - PR MCG Associates Tax Free Package, Riyadh. KSA
- Digital Advertising Manager - High End Lifestyle Ultimate Asset £43000 - £50000 per annum + commission & excellent benefits, London
- Media Exec - Leading Media Agency - Mobile Sector Ultimate Asset £22000 - £26000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Biddable Paid Social Senior Executive - Top 10 Agency Ultimate Asset £25000 - £30000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Account handler ready for an immediate start? Freelance, Contract or Temp to Perm? Barker Graves Up to £250/day, central london