Google to launch paid-for analytics package
Google is preparing to roll out a paid-for enterprise-level analytics tool this year to compete with the likes of Adobe's Omniture and IBM's CoreMetrics, according to sources.
Google: launches paid-for analytics package
Currently, Google offers a free analytics tool with basic features for advertisers looking to create better targeted ads and improve website conversion.
It also has a basic paid-for analytics package called Urchin but the new offering will compete at the higher end of the market and will be cloud-based.
Big brands invest heavily in analytics data to help them understand the consumer journey and which channels drive value or influence the sales process.
It is believed that Omniture and CoreMetrics' enterprise-level tools can command up to £10,000 a month, before additional consultancy and support needed for running them.
Google has been discussing the launch of the tool over the past six months and it is believed to roll out this year, according to sources.
It is not known whether it will use the Google Analytics or Urchin name.
A Google spokesman said: "We are always looking at ways to improve our Analytics offering but have nothing new to announce at this stage."
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Account Manager fishtank 32k to 42k per year GBP, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 17k to 27k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Digital Brand Manager Nike Europe Competitive + attractive relocation package for foreign hires, Amsterdam
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...