Mars and FA enlist England striker Peter Crouch to promote football centres
Mars has teamed up with the FA to launch a nationwide initiative aimed at encouraging more adults in England to play regular football.
Mars: partners the FA to promote football centres
Under the 'The FA Mars Just Play' programme, the partnership will create more than 100 centres across England, staffed by coordinators delivering casual football sessions that can benefit up to 50 participants at any one time.
The aim is to get 150,000 new participants playing the game for at least 30 minutes a week by September 2013, and deliver a total of 3.9 million hours of extra football played each year throughout England.
Mars will promote the programme with a humorous TV ad launching this week, starring England and Tottenham Hotspur striker Peter Crouch.
Fiona Dawson, president of Mars Chocolate UK, said: "Mars has a great heritage of working within football and, since 2006, we have spent £48m on football-related activities that aim to bring the fans closer to the national game."
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...