Facebook opens second sales office for Asia
HONG KONG - Facebook has opened an advertising sales office in Hong Kong to provide direct support to brands and agencies in that market and Taiwan.
The announcement follows the opening of the first sales office for Asia in Singapore last September. Initial clients will include 3 Hong Kong, Cathay Pacific and Groupon.
The office will be headed by Jayne Leung, the social network’s newly appointed director of North Asia. Leung has joined from California-based digital advertising company The Rubicon Project, for which she established an operation in Asia.
Blake Chandlee, Facebook’s vice-president and commercial director for Asia-Pacific, Latin America and emerging markets, said that with around 75 per cent penetration, Hong Kong was a key strategic market for the company.
He added that with Facebook building momentum in the region as a whole, it provided "a powerful combination of reach and engagement" for advertisers.
"By continuing to build our presence in the region, Facebook will be able to provide full support for advertisers here and help them create and execute campaigns that will have a meaningful impact on their businesses," Chandlee said.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- PR Account Director fishtank 40k to 55k per year GBP, Surrey
- Digital Search & Acquisitions Officer Topshop Up to £30,000 per annum + benefits, London
- planner > SHOPPER EVANGELIST > brilliant role for those SUITS looking to move across into PLANNING collectivo £30-40k + bens, London
- Marketing Executive Warner Bros £ Competitive + benefits, Holborn, London
- Senior Digital Planner - Superb Integrated London Agency - FMCG Accounts - Up to £70K Fill Recruitment Ltd Up to £70K, London
- Digital Marketing Manager Network Marketing £32000 - £35000 per annum, Sheffield
Big Questions Live - Social Media, User Generated Content and the Power of Customer Insight (Webcast) External website
Brand Republic’s first ever online TV show, Big Questions Live wil...
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
The PR industry’s lack of success at the Cannes Lions festival 201...
Confused by hashtags? Tweetchats? Tweet walls? You’re not alone.Wi...
It’s fair to say we are truly in the age of content marketing, the...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...