French Connection to launch Facebook store
French Connection is to follow Asos and launch a dedicated Facebook store in a move to ramp up its ecommerce services.
French Connection: 'this is the woman' campaign
A selection of French Connection clothing will be sold at the store, which opens at the end of the month.
French Connection and other high-street retailers are adding to their ecommerce offerings in an effort to say attuned to customers' changing buying habits.
In September 2010 French Connection launched its YouTube shopping store, called YouTique, and this week the fashion brand relaunched its website.
Customers can also click through the French Connection Facebook page to buy items on the brand's site. The latest enhancement will enable shoppers to stay within Facebook when purchasing the clothes.
The Facebook store will be boosted by added social capabilities yet to be confirmed by the retailer.
Brands need to secure a worthwhile community on Facebook before deeming it cost effective to launch a dedicated Facebook store.
French Connection is following Asos, the online fashion retailer, which launched its own ecommerce site last month.
French Connection's push into social commerce follows the brand’s launch of its YouTube shopping store, YouTique, in September last year, the first of its kind in the UK.
Speaking at a recent event in London, Dan Rose, vice-president of products and platforms, denied that Facebook was creating a walled garden on the web and said it was investing equally in its own digital canvas, and providing tools for brands that want its social features on the web.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...