Thetrainline brings Digital Element on board for localised ad task
Thetrainline, the online train ticket retailer, is planning to offer city-based deals and discounts on its site for customers, based on the location where they purchased their ticket.
Thetrainline: tasks Digital Element to supply users' locations
Thetrainline has appointed Digital Element, the IP intelligence and geolocation technology company, to provide information about a user’s location so they can be served targeted ads on the site.
The site currently serves display ads, used by brands including Matalan and Novotel. It plans to roll out the localised ads over the course of the year.
Digital Element will also be working with the ticket site to help it to fulfil its licence agreement with the Association of Train Operating Companies to identify all bookings made from outside of the UK.
Thetrainline launched in 1999 and sells tickets for all train companies on all UK routes. It claims to have produced over 14 million transactions from its 8.4 million registered users.
In 2010 the company relaunched its site to make the process of buying tickets more efficient.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Account Director Major Players £45000 - £55000 per annum, London