Thetrainline brings Digital Element on board for localised ad task
Thetrainline, the online train ticket retailer, is planning to offer city-based deals and discounts on its site for customers, based on the location where they purchased their ticket.
Thetrainline: tasks Digital Element to supply users' locations
Thetrainline has appointed Digital Element, the IP intelligence and geolocation technology company, to provide information about a user’s location so they can be served targeted ads on the site.
The site currently serves display ads, used by brands including Matalan and Novotel. It plans to roll out the localised ads over the course of the year.
Digital Element will also be working with the ticket site to help it to fulfil its licence agreement with the Association of Train Operating Companies to identify all bookings made from outside of the UK.
Thetrainline launched in 1999 and sells tickets for all train companies on all UK routes. It claims to have produced over 14 million transactions from its 8.4 million registered users.
In 2010 the company relaunched its site to make the process of buying tickets more efficient.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Copywriter fishtank 25k to 40k per year GBP, Marlow, Buckinghamshire
- PR Account Director fishtank 40k to 55k per year GBP, Surrey
- Head of Marketing fishtank 45k to 60k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- Digital Search & Acquisitions Officer Topshop Up to £30,000 per annum + benefits, London
- planner > SHOPPER EVANGELIST > brilliant role for those SUITS looking to move across into PLANNING collectivo £30-40k + bens, London
- Marketing Executive Warner Bros £ Competitive + benefits, Holborn, London
Big Questions Live - Social Media, User Generated Content and the Power of Customer Insight (Webcast) External website
Brand Republic’s first ever online TV show, Big Questions Live wil...
The PR industry’s lack of success at the Cannes Lions festival 201...
Confused by hashtags? Tweetchats? Tweet walls? You’re not alone.Wi...
It’s fair to say we are truly in the age of content marketing, the...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...