TBWA snares £25m Muller account
Muller Dairy has consolidated its £25m advertising account into TBWA\London after a winner-takes-all pitch involving its other roster agency VCCP.
Müller: TBWA\London snares ad account
TBWA\London's capture of the entire Muller business marks a turnaround in its fortunes on the account.
The agency has worked with Muller since 2004 after winning the UK account from Publics. However, its hold on the business had weakened when VCCP won a 2009 pitch to handle the £8m Muller Corners business.
A month later Muller Rice also handed VCCP its £4mn advertising account, leaving TBWA with business for products including Muller Vitality and Muller Desserts.
However, last year there were changes in the Muller marketing department, including the arrival of Lee Rolston, the former global brand director at Cadbury, who was appointed as its marketing director.
Muller claimed that the consolidation will help it to build a stronger brand across all products. TBWA\London’s remit will also expand to include digital, shopper and experiential marketing for the brand.
During its time on the Muller account, VCCP created high profile work for Müller Corners including last year's "thank-you cows" campaign. It was later claimed that the activity, that supported a revamp of the Corners range, helped to boost sales by 17.5%.
Recent work from TBWA for Müller includes a print campaign, "spill splash", to support the Müller Light range of yoghurts. The campaign included a promotion to win a £1,000 shopping spree courtesy of Muller.
Rolston said: "TBWA presented a transformational business idea, which will unite and strengthen Müller's position as market leader. The energy they put behind Muller to take us to the next level was phenomenal."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Graphic Designer CitNOW £25,000-£35 000pa, Wokingham, Berkshire
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...