Gocompare goes sci-fi for latest ad
Astronauts and dancing aliens feature in the new Gocompare.com ad that launches on Saturday (19 February).
Paying tribute to sci-fi B movies such as 'Forbidden Planet' and 'Destination Moon', and created in-house once again by Sian and Chris Wilkins, the ad features three astronauts who have crash-landed on an unknown planet.
As they consider their insurance policy, Gio Compario flies in singing the ad's theme tune. He is soon joined by singing and dancing aliens who rise out of the ground.
Gio Compario is played by Welsh opera star Wynne Evans, who releasing his first solo album, 'A Song in My Heart', in March.
He has been credited with driving a 60% increase in quote volumes and boosting brand awareness by more than 450% since he was first introduced in August 2009, according to the company.
Nick Hall, Gocompare.com's head of marketing, said: "Gio really is out of this world in the latest of our series of film-related ads. After keeping him quiet since Christmas, he's back in full voice to show that when it comes to giving advice about car insurance, he's light years ahead of the competition."
One Step Beyond, is the production company behind the ad, which, along with Graham Rose, was also responsible for the direction. Media buying is handled by Mediaedge:cia (MEC).
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Copywriter fishtank 25k to 40k per year GBP, Marlow, Buckinghamshire
- PR Account Director fishtank 40k to 55k per year GBP, Surrey
- Head of Marketing fishtank 45k to 60k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- Digital Search & Acquisitions Officer Topshop Up to £30,000 per annum + benefits, London
- planner > SHOPPER EVANGELIST > brilliant role for those SUITS looking to move across into PLANNING collectivo £30-40k + bens, London
- Marketing Executive Warner Bros £ Competitive + benefits, Holborn, London
Big Questions Live - Social Media, User Generated Content and the Power of Customer Insight (Webcast) External website
Brand Republic’s first ever online TV show, Big Questions Live wil...
The PR industry’s lack of success at the Cannes Lions festival 201...
Confused by hashtags? Tweetchats? Tweet walls? You’re not alone.Wi...
It’s fair to say we are truly in the age of content marketing, the...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...