Google launches subscription service to rival Apple
Google launched its One Pass subscription payment service today, which lets consumers pay-for and view content on a range of devices with just one sign-in.
Google One Pass: digital giant takes on Apple
Apple, yesterday, launched its own subscription service, and keeps 30% of all subscriptions made within an app.
Google takes just a 10% cut, and claims to give consumers and publishers more flexibility than Apple's service.
Google, on its blog, said: "Readers who purchase from a One Pass publisher can access their content on tablets, smartphones and websites using a single sign-on with an email and password.
"Importantly, the service helps publishers authenticate existing subscribers so that readers don’t have to re-subscribe in order to access their content on new devices."
For publishers, subscriptions can be varied as they choose. They are not required to stick to rigid monthly or annual subscriptions.
German publishers Alex Springer, which publishes Bild and Die Welt, Tomorrow Focus, and Stern, have joined the service.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
- Communications Co-ordinator Stopgap £26000 - £29000 per annum, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...