Heineken marks a million Facebook 'likes' with viral campaign
Heineken has launched a viral campaign to promote its social media presence and to celebrate its one-millionth "like" on Facebook.
Heineken: celebrates Facebook success with 'hug' viral
The viral film, by AKQA, is named 'One Million Hugs' and features a group of Dutch female models visiting bars in Amsterdam and hugging male lager drinkers. The clip ends with the line "Thanks a million".
The beer brand has brought together multiple Facebook pages and created a single global page.
Floris Cobelens, manager of global digital media at Heineken, said: "While no one can claim today they are mastering the digital revolution, we at Heineken are ahead of the pack, behind a very steep learning curve, and a full-hearted commitment to capitalize on the opportunities new media offer."
Last month, Heineken rolled out a global ad campaign, by Wieden + Kennedy Amsterdam, featuring a character who effortlessly navigates his way through social situations. The ad aims to emphasise Heineken's premium lager positioning.
In December, the company announced plans to launch a Facebook store selling branded merchandise as part of its unified global marketing strategy.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Account Manager fishtank 32k to 42k per year GBP, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 17k to 27k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Digital Brand Manager Nike Europe Competitive + attractive relocation package for foreign hires, Amsterdam
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...