Heineken marks a million Facebook 'likes' with viral campaign
Heineken has launched a viral campaign to promote its social media presence and to celebrate its one-millionth "like" on Facebook.
Heineken: celebrates Facebook success with 'hug' viral
The viral film, by AKQA, is named 'One Million Hugs' and features a group of Dutch female models visiting bars in Amsterdam and hugging male lager drinkers. The clip ends with the line "Thanks a million".
The beer brand has brought together multiple Facebook pages and created a single global page.
Floris Cobelens, manager of global digital media at Heineken, said: "While no one can claim today they are mastering the digital revolution, we at Heineken are ahead of the pack, behind a very steep learning curve, and a full-hearted commitment to capitalize on the opportunities new media offer."
Last month, Heineken rolled out a global ad campaign, by Wieden + Kennedy Amsterdam, featuring a character who effortlessly navigates his way through social situations. The ad aims to emphasise Heineken's premium lager positioning.
In December, the company announced plans to launch a Facebook store selling branded merchandise as part of its unified global marketing strategy.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Strategic Planner - to £50k Network Career Consultants £45000 - £50000 per annum, London
- European Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 per annum, South East
- Marketing & Research Manager - $1.8b Global Publisher Recruitment Revolution Excellent Salary + Bonus Potential + Full Corporate Benefits Package, Chichester
- CRM Manager - Iconic London Brand Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £40K-£60K + Benefits Package, Central London
- Senior Marketing & New Business Manager Dynamic New Alliances £32000.00 - £45000.00 per annum + Benefits, City of London