Mini ad campaign taps into the subconscious
Mini is launching a press and online campaign that targets people's subconscious and prompts potential buyers to reveal when they will be in the market to buy a new car.
Mini: latest campaign aims to tap into the subconscious
The campaign, created by Lida, will run across online, mobile and magazine inserts from today (21 February).
The ads target prospective buyers and are based on the phenomenon that a person's subconscious often influences what they will see. The ads feature an outline of a Mini appearing in the most unlikely places, such as in jam on a piece of toast, or in the wrinkles on a bulldog's head.
The dedicated landing page features a Mini shape appearing in a constellation in the sky, while online ads produce the pattern on the side of a fish in a tank and uses the strapline "mini on your mind?".
People are encouraged to sign up and opt-in for sneak previews and exclusive competitions. It encourages prospective buyers to inform the brand when they're likely to be in the market for a new car.
Anna Kilmurray, Mini advertising and prospecting manager, said: "The Mini brand is packed with personality, and the new work plays on the public's affection for the cheeky car.
"Each execution acts as a trigger for an expression of interest from potential customers. The playful tone of the new Lida campaign is uniquely Mini."
Nicky Bullard, Lida joint creative director, said: "The new Mini campaign is fun, unexpected and pretty brave – this is a prospecting campaign that doesn’t actually show the product. That is, unless you look closely."
John Fazio from Lida is the ads' copywriter and the art director is Chris Whitehead.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...