Playboy readies launch of TV streaming service
Playboy TV is launching a dedicated video-on-demand service in April for internet-connected TVs, and is plotting the brand's return to the London nightclub scene.
Hugh Hefner: with his Chicago-based bunnies in 1960
Playboy has previously offered an internet-only video-on-demand (VoD) service.
The new service will ride on top of a web-TV service developed by Capablue for internet-connected TVs.
Dave Cooke, head of digital and new media of Playboy TV International, said: "We are keen to make our wide range of adult entertainment content available to viewers when and where they want to watch it.
"Through Connected, viewers will now be able to access Playboy TV online via their connected TVs.
"Capablue's Connected has simply integrated with our existing VoD platform. It enables us to provide a bespoke service without having to build our own system, which can be a long and expensive process."
Playboy will be able to monetise the service through pay-per-view and subscription.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- PR Account Director fishtank 40k to 55k per year GBP, Surrey
- Digital Search & Acquisitions Officer Topshop Up to £30,000 per annum + benefits, London
- planner > SHOPPER EVANGELIST > brilliant role for those SUITS looking to move across into PLANNING collectivo £30-40k + bens, London
- Marketing Executive Warner Bros £ Competitive + benefits, Holborn, London
- Senior Digital Planner - Superb Integrated London Agency - FMCG Accounts - Up to £70K Fill Recruitment Ltd Up to £70K, London
- Designer/Illustrator/Children's Designer Premier Media plus excellent benefits, Central London
Big Questions Live - Social Media, User Generated Content and the Power of Customer Insight (Webcast) External website
Brand Republic’s first ever online TV show, Big Questions Live wil...
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
The PR industry’s lack of success at the Cannes Lions festival 201...
Confused by hashtags? Tweetchats? Tweet walls? You’re not alone.Wi...
It’s fair to say we are truly in the age of content marketing, the...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...