Playboy readies launch of TV streaming service
Playboy TV is launching a dedicated video-on-demand service in April for internet-connected TVs, and is plotting the brand's return to the London nightclub scene.
Hugh Hefner: with his Chicago-based bunnies in 1960
Playboy has previously offered an internet-only video-on-demand (VoD) service.
The new service will ride on top of a web-TV service developed by Capablue for internet-connected TVs.
Dave Cooke, head of digital and new media of Playboy TV International, said: "We are keen to make our wide range of adult entertainment content available to viewers when and where they want to watch it.
"Through Connected, viewers will now be able to access Playboy TV online via their connected TVs.
"Capablue's Connected has simply integrated with our existing VoD platform. It enables us to provide a bespoke service without having to build our own system, which can be a long and expensive process."
Playboy will be able to monetise the service through pay-per-view and subscription.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- European Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 per annum, South East
- Marketing & Research Manager - $1.8b Global Publisher Recruitment Revolution Excellent Salary + Bonus Potential + Full Corporate Benefits Package, Chichester
- CRM Manager - Iconic London Brand Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £40K-£60K + Benefits Package, Central London
- Senior Marketing & New Business Manager Dynamic New Alliances £32000.00 - £45000.00 per annum + Benefits, City of London
- Visual Merchandising Manager (Retail, Fashion, Creative, VM) Creative Recruitment £35000 - £40000 per annum + Negotiable, Hertfordshire